navy lines background

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Resurrection

If I say them out loud
In a row, in order,
The weights I've been carrying,
It sounds like a depression comedy album
A Murphy's Law of a year 
A graveyard of hopes
And then some. 
A thousand little losses
A dozen large ones
A few
Once in a lifetime doozies.

And I have been trying to 
Ignore-rationalize-dismiss-contextualize-bury
These burdens
But You say - unearth them. 
Roll them away, roll them Your way
Roll them all the way straight to the cross
Because it's only with Jesus
Soaked in spit and forgiveness
Slain and victorious 
That hope makes sense.

I uncover them one by one
And
Jesus weeps.
The little hurts;
Jesus weeps.
The big aches;
Jesus weeps.
The wearinesses I've been pushing and lugging around for so long (and I need a miracle God!);
Jesus weeps.
And Jesus waits. 
And
Eventually 
On some timeline I'm not privy to

Jesus speaks
And life begins.

I come forth.
My sisters make sure 
The graveclothes unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment