navy lines background

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Us

Vava turned the living room into a sleepover haven tonight. I'm writing this while we lie in the dim light of the tree, with quiet giggles echoing around the room.

Probably sometime in the night I'll make my way up to my room because my bed is comfier than the couch, but for now it's bliss to lie here with all the ones I love.

When I was very little, I remember sleeping with my sisters under the Christmas tree. As I got older, my room was often used for company at Christmas time, and I would get a happy nostalgic feeling from sleeping on the couch by the Christmas tree. So it didn't take much convincing when Vava asked for a sleepover with Mama and Aunt Jenny ❤️. 

Sleeping is one of those necessary boringnesses that my kids endure. But together? Together it becomes something magic and so much better. 

I was struck by a tiny little word in this verse: 
‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6‬ For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Us.

Us.

A child is born to us, a son is given to us. Not just to Mary and Joseph, not just to Bethlehem or ancient Israel. To us.

To my kids sleeping under the Christmas tree, and to their kids too. To you and yours. To the whole waiting world. 

May your heart rest in his peace, dear friends. 
Xo.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely~ thanks Janelle❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above…from Patricia …warm wishes for a very Happy Christmas💞🎄

    ReplyDelete