431. Wind rushing through the dark night.
432. A completely uninterrupted full night's delicious sleep. Ahhhhh.
433. No shoveling today ... hooray!
434. Sam being concerned for other kids when they cry.
435. Nacho night.
436. Coffee with the ladies :).
437. Laughing with Patrick.
438. Giggling and wrestling with Sam.
439. Vava's quick sorry-kisses.
440. So many new babies on Facebook this week - congratulations, friends!
Thursday, December 5, 2013
431. Wind rushing through the dark night.
421. Getting the garbage out just in time!
422. Fun morning at playgroup.
423. Norwex order arrived!
424. Taking Patrick hot drinks at work.
425. Bowling with Sam; he was the pin.
426. Vava rapping Sam on the head after he took Baby.
427. My niece's gorgeous Christmas poster.
428. Vava being so eager for bedtime, sweet sleepy girl.
429. A speaker-phone chat with two of my favourite people.
430. Patrick going to bed at 7 ... sleep away the flu, love!
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
411. An unexpected trip to the library; happy kids.
412. The simple pleasure of a good snack: oranges and raisins and cheese, oh yum!
413. Being stronger than I thought.
414. Reading sappy stories to Vava and shamelessly tearing up.
415. Snow-bright night and a bottle and cuddle.
416. Being silly with S&V ♥.
417. Having grapes for sick Patrick!
418. Neighbours who show Jesus' love in practical&generous kindnesses.
419. Sam's glee at the clap-crush method of putting crackers in soup.
420. The house at rest and wrapped in snow.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
401. My Dee who has always loved me. ♥
402. Rearranging the living room ... ahh feels good.
403. Planning a movie double date.
404. My neighbour telling me I'm a good wife.
405. Sam forgiving me for losing patience with him.
406. Vava loving her Baby like Joanne loved Clotilde.
407. The fun of throwing snowballs, even though I have spectacularly terrible aim.
408. Getting an hour of snuggles from Sam during movie time.
409. Unwinding with Patrick, Christmas lights, and a super cozy blanket.
410. A great hair day.
Monday, December 2, 2013
391. Sam climbing up, wrapping his arms around me, and sighing 'nice warm.'
392. Homemade hot&sour soup.
393. Sam asking me to make him snowballs, then pelting me with them.
394. My kids going outside to "play in the snow" ... a.k.a. eat all the snow.
395. The way the windy squally storm turned to calm in my neighbourhood.
396. Two ladies asking about my book at the gym. (The Book Thief. Yes, it's crazy great.)
397. My good husband who stays in with the kids when I want to go out.
398. Vava completely mastering all the climbing she can find. Patrick's daughter much? :).
399. Insulation in our attic ♥ winter nights were never so warm & cozy!
400. The Scriptures, their light, their hope, their peace.
Sunday, December 1, 2013
381. Sam asking me to laugh ♥.
382. Sleepy Vava waking up from her nap, confused and delicious.
383. Fitting into a favourite old skirt.
384. The gas station attendant waving at our pretty Vava.
385. Delicious leftovers for lunch ... thanks Elizabeth!
386. Making snowcones from real snow.
387. Being dumb and awkward with new friends ... always better than lonely and isolated, right?
388. A cookbook with stories that make me cry on every page.
389. Having wonderful parents to miss.
390. Making a solid editing plan for my book. Yay!
Saturday, November 30, 2013
371. Sam clearing his toys off the bookshelf and cuddling down in it for an imaginary nap.
372. Dinner at Donald and Elizabeth's ... with take out to bring home! Yum! We were so thoroughly spoiled.
373. Doing a family photo shoot with the self-timer in the snow.
374. Patrick doing laundry with the kids.
375. Tackling a chore I've been dreading and killing it in ten minutes.
376. Scrubbing the shower with my favourite mint scrub (and using all the hot water ... sorry love!).
377. Movember ending; kiss bliss at last!
378. Making a duplo tower taller than Sam.
379. Vava falling asleep in my arms.
380. Patrick playing Christmas music for me all day, even though he's not really a fan ♥.
Friday, November 29, 2013
361. Thick & fluffy snowflakes, dreamy naptime weather.
362. A pretty decent night's sleep :).
363. Driving behind this irresistible slogan (picture below).
364. A good chat with my brother.
365. Vava waking up from a car-nap and shopping so cheerfully.
366. Cold sweet mandarin oranges.
367. Quoting William Carlos Williams when my kids coloured a red wheelbarrow.
368. Sam's fierce bedtime snuggles, and his sweet 'you okay, ma?'
369. Vava hailing neighbours with her happy wave.
370. Lazing under a cozy blanket while Patrick tidied the house.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
351. A recipe book - including one for Nshima! - from my lovely thoughtful Jo ♥.
352. Patrick putting out the garbage
353. A quick chat with my sister.
354. Greeting the kids post-nap with their toothpaste & tooth brushes .... insta-smiles.
355. Sam sharing nicely at playgroup.
356. Both Sam and Vava wanting a good snuggle this afternoon.
357. Vava and her friend giggling together and trying to hold hands during supper.
358. Having friends join us for dinner.
359. Looking through old pictures of people I love.
360. Going to bed a little earlier ... good night!
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
342. Stripping the bed and letting the kids jump on the mattress.
343. Sam helping me with laundry.
344. Vava nestling down like a kitten into fresh soft blankets.
345. Sweet Emma watching the kids s we could both go out together!
346. Sam and Vava going to sleep like champs.
347. Christmas music in four-part harmony.
348. That achey-happy homesick feeling ... wishing my sisters could meet my new friends.
349. Realizing my old boots will crunch happily through another year's worth of snow.
350. Fuzzy sheets fresh on the bed! Goodnight world ... hello coziness.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
331. Patrick getting the kids out of bed.
332. Bowling with the basketball and four toy trucks standing on end.
333. Vava down on all fours for the serious task of eating snow.
334. Smoothing baby oil on winter-dry skin.
335. Painting mess and happiness.
336. That bluey golden moment when it's still technically light out, but dark enough to turn on the Christmas lights.
337. Kids bursting because Patrick came home.
338. Two big clean babies in fuzzy warm jams, cuddling mama and papa before bed.
339. A gorgeous new song, fine in my ears.
340. Sam trying to obey the letter of the law by taking imaginary bites at suppertime.