navy lines background

Sunday, May 5, 2019

He Prays for Us

This week was a tough one for me. It's been a hard go lately.  I know I'm not alone in that; we all struggle and face our own battles.
The enemy has been pointing out my insufficiencies, and, overwhelmed, taking my eyes off Christ, I began to sink.
When I was sinking into despair I texted a friend who I know has battled her own mighty share of struggles. "Help!" I cried, "I can't do this alone."
And she came out of her busy life and brought me some wine and stood in my kitchen and wrapped her arms around me and prayed for me.
And I remembered reading this amazing snippet by Robert Murray McCheyne, that goes "If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me."
I did not hear Christ himself praying for me, but this sister, this friend - the church which is his body - came and stood with me, and I heard her praying for me.
And I knew this was an echo of my Lord's heart, praying for me.
We aren't alone. He is praying for us. And He has given us each other,  to strengthen and hold one another.
I praise Him for His prayers, and for yours, my friends.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment