navy lines background

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Sam is 10 :)

Sam is ten.
Ten!
It feels like forever ago and just yesterday, but I think we were all born together on that snowy March evening - our precious Sam and this brand new Mama and Papa too. 
We were clueless.
Wildly hopeful.
Totally in love.
And awash in gratitude. 

Patrick's cousin wrote to us on the day he was born and said "I tried to pray for you today and all I could articulate was "Yay, God! Hurray!""

He was calm and self-possessed from the start. He didn't cry, just looked around to see the world. The doctor, testing his grip, was surprised to find this newborn strong enough to pull himself up to standing. 

Now he's a million miles tall and handsome as can be and loves to draw and write and hates the spotlight and loves to climb and swim and leap from great heights. I shouldn't be surprised that he's ten but I'm absolutely astonished that we have enjoyed ten - TEN - years of Sam.

Happy birthday my love.
You are wonderful. 
Yay, God! Hurray!

4 comments: