navy lines background

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

happy heart

the day before my wedding, my lovely sister in law gave me a little scented tube of lotion: clinique's happy heart.

it was perfectly apt, and a wonderful way to begin a marriage.

well, it's been a while since that day.
and i've long since used up all my lotion.
so sometimes i get down.
gloomsville.

lately i've been giving myself permission to wallow in sadness and the blue fog of circumstances.

i want to get out of that funk.  i want to have a happy heart again.

so i'm going to try to put some giving into thanksgiving.  if i can think about others, and die to my own selfishyselfishyself - i hope to find a happy heart.

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.  Prov. 17:22

2 comments:

  1. I was reading my bible and I came across this verse tonight and IR gave me comfort - maybe it will help you too:

    Psalm 139:16
    You saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.

    ReplyDelete