navy lines background

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Can of Worms

At bedtime tonight, I was snuggled up with Vava in the dark, saying her prayers.  Across the room, Pascal was whispering her words to himself.  "Dear God," he echoed, "thank you for my fun day at school." And Vava giggled quietly.  "I love my little brother; he's so cute!" she sighed.  "Do you remember when you were so angry because God sent you a brother instead of a little sister?" I asked (unwisely - I try not to open cans of worms at bedtime).  "I really really really really want one still," she cried, "please can I have a little sister?"  I reminded her that we can't have any more babies, and she said, "we can adopt one!"  And I tried to appeal to her selfish side with, "but then I won't be able to have a favourite daughter."  And she triumphed with a fierce "you can have TWO!"

Vava's heart, like God's heart, has lots of room for loving.

That's why He sent Jesus to this world, that manger, that starry night in Bethlehem - to bring us home, adopted, sons and daughters in His family.

Merry Christmas, friends.
xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment