navy lines background

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

To do

But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13 MSG


I just love this.
It's the answer, isn't it? To all the striving and arguing over what Christianity ought to look like. I think it must make our Father especially weary when we tell each other what to do instead of worrying about the logs in our own eyes first.

Trust steadily in God.
Hope unswervingly.
Love extravagantly.

It's what we can focus on when the world seems entirely upside down. When we're in the middle of a pandemic. When all around us are filled with fear. When the horrors of war rage on. When a contractor rips us off and we live in a construction site for years. When illness settles in. This is our permanent to-do list.

I feel like I'm pretty good at trusting in God. Am determined to love extravagantly. But I struggle to hope unswervingly. 

This is why I need to read other writers, listen to other speakers, talk with my brothers and sisters. What I lack, you kindle in me. Where I falter, you hold me up.

You point me to hope.
To trust.
To love.
And to wake up tomorrow and do it again.

Xo.


1 comment: