navy lines background

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Can Do

I sprained my foot two days ago.
I've been sitting or lying down almost exclusively since then.
(Today I stood at the counter to pack the kids' lunches, and felt it was quite the accomplishment).

But I've definitely been consumed by thoughts of all my body can't do.
Can't walk the kids to school.
Can't take the dog to the park.
Can't go sledding in this gorgeous heap of snow that just fell.
Can't shovel.
Can't vacuum.
Can't mop.
Can't exercise.
Can't can't can't.

But.

And this reminded me  to look at what my body can do.
I walked home, more than a kilometre, after I injured it.
It's been only 36 hours since a huge crunchy sprain, and already it has healed so much. The constant throbbing is gone. I can curl my toes down and even wiggle them a bit. And I swept a section of the floor today. 

This old bod has been healing and repairing like crazy.
Gonna celebrate the can do, and not worry so much about the can't do.

🙏❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment