navy lines background

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Rise Up

If you feel like a cry, click over and listen to this song 

It hit me like a Mack truck tonight, and I was left a sobbing wreck because Patrick carries me this way.

Maybe always, but especially lately, my persistence has been faltering. 
(Well ... almost certainly always.)

I do not think it has been easy for him to be married to me, to be carrying me when my hope is weak and my weaknesses many.

But he does, and with so much joy.

Let me share an example.
I have this task to do and it has been overwhelming me. I can't seem to make sense of the instructions and I get overwhelmed and my heart slumps down. I want to do it - but I can't seem to take the steps, I can't even see the steps, that I need to do in order to succeed at this task.

So Patrick printed off this 17-page document full of instructions, and read through it.

He highlighted relevant parts and made notes, drawing my attention and asking me questions, and he made a checklist for me to go through. 

No pressure. No deadline. Just supporting and encouraging and enabling.

Being loved like this is both humbling and glorious. He does not just hold me.

He lifts me up.

❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment