navy lines background

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Great Love

Two weeks ago at work I noticed a sudden shift away from door delivery to doorbell delivery - almost everyone was requesting me to place their order on the step, ring the bell, and leave.

The first day I thought it was just a funny coincidence, but the next day it continued and I finally turned on the radio and realized what had happened. The number of Covid cases in our area had begun to spike, and people were responding with increased distancing. 

And even though I miss seeing happy faces in doorways, it made my heart glad to see such an immediate response. This is how we love our neighbours. 

Do I want to be social distancing? Heck no. I wish there was no pandemic.

I miss my family.
I miss my parents.
I miss my nieces, who we're usually picking up from the airport right about now.

I wish we were able to get together and laugh and play boardgames and sing and cook together. But we can love each other, love our communities by laying down our Christmas traditions and preferences. 

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. (John 15:13)

I might paraphrase it:Greater love has no hugger than this: to choose not to hug for one's friends. 

Merry Christmas, friends.
Miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment