navy lines background

Thursday, December 1, 2022

I don't know why it's a swimming metaphor either, sorry

The waves haven't stopped crashing
And I am finding it harder and harder to swim.

But tonight, a raft:
A gangly dog heard my tears
And climbed up onto my couch,
And insisted on being right on top of me.
She wrapped her forelegs tight around my neck
And pressed her whiskered cheek against my hair.
She hugged, and hugged, and hugged.

May many rafts, furry or otherwise,
Make their way to you when you need them
As you row, or paddle,
Or swim through many waters.


(If you are a new reader, welcome. I keep my own little advent calendar here on this blog, by opening up doors and peering inside and sharing what I see. Today is Dec 1, and the first post in my 24-day series.)

Merry Christmas, friends.
xo.


The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined. - Isaiah 9:2, and Matthew 4:16

1 comment:

  1. I just wish I was there to hug you too! ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete