navy lines background

Sunday, December 19, 2021

All I want for Christmas

When he saw all the treats I bought when I was shopping, Patrick grinned.

"Looks like you must want a hippopotamus for Christmas," he said.

But God knows all I want for Christmas is Patrick.

 


I got Patrick for Christmas in 2005. This is a picture he drew of the day we met.

A million years ago, before kids and before we were married, I was pretty lonely and hated Christmas. Everyone was all coupled up and I didn't think I would ever find anyone who was just right for me. And that Christmas, I didn't think I would ever be loved.

But there he was.

Blue eyed and quiet, a writer, ready to laugh and with a big square palm that felt like magic against mine.

And - he loved me.


And for some crazy reason

God created this big and crowded and lonely and messy and perfect and heartbreaking and breathtaking world

And ... he loved us. 

Yep. I'm sorry, Mariah Carey haters, but Jesus looks at us and the song he sings is All I want for Christmas is you.

Awesome.

Merry Christmas, friends. xo.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment