navy lines background

Thursday, December 22, 2011

let the redeemed of the Lord say so

i've been reading through the book of psalms this month.  five chapters a day will get you through the whole book in a month, and you can read psalm 119 alone on its own day if your month has 31 days in it ;).

psalm 106 and 107 recount the Lord's guidance and blessing on His people, how He led them and cared for them, and it made me think about the ways He has blessed me.

so i wrote my own psalm, and while i wrote i was just completely overwhelmed.
because God is good.
all the time.
all the time, God is good.

My Psalm.

You brought me into a large family
And surrounded me with love.
You gave me warriors for siblings;
Shepherds for parents.

Prayer covered my youth,
Your Word guided my childhood.

From want and from violence, You preserved me, O Lord.
I will praise You forever.

You brought me through fear, through love, to Your safe side.
You welcomed me into Your family.

You guided me, led me,
Through the wilderness of adolescence.

You crowned me with dear friends
You comforted me with books
You challenged me with learning.

You inclined my heart toward You,
You called me to follow You;
You took me to Zambia
(Zambia!)
And showed me glimpses of Your heart.
You brought me safely through the dam, the dangers,
You brought me back in peace.

You filled me with longing
I hope in Your Name.
Yours are my days
My going, my returning, are Yours.

You blessed me with love and family
My nieces, my nephew, my joy
You granted me delight upon delight
And whispered Your path to my heart.

You provide for all our needs
You bless us with abundant love
With each other, with Sam.

You have poured out grace upon us
And our hearts burst with
Thanksgiving.

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Janelle and Patrick
From everlasting to everlasting!

5 comments: