navy lines background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

maternity clothes

last time i posted, i was feeling all bummed about my awkward phase ... i really appreciate your comments and sympathy, by the way!  i'm glad to know i'm not alone :).

since my belly popped, my jeans have been getting tighter and my shirts too short.  so i've been looking around at maternity clothes, but haven't bought anything.

until today.

at the advice of a smart friend, i went on kijiji to look for second-hand clothes.  i wasn't sure what kind of things i would find, but after a few minutes, i found a mom in my size selling her entire maternity wardrobe.  from new-bump clothes to the elephantine 40-week clothes.  two garbage bags stuffed full.  for a hundred bucks.

i went to check them out, loved them, bought them.

i have been trying them on for an hour and still have an entire bag to go.  so far, only 4 pieces don't suit me.

i now have more maternity clothes than i have regular clothes.
i didn't have to break the bank.
i didn't have the hassle of dressing rooms and a tired & bored sam.
just a few minutes prowling online and a drive across town.
isn't God amazing?

and since i now have cute clothes to put on it, i'm even getting kind of excited about the bump.

kind of ;)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So excited for you! It's so important to feel attractive and comfortable when you begin to "enlarge"! Blessings:)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you, Janelle, and I can't wait to see how you look. What is really exciting is the fact that there is a new life growing inside that bump!! Wahooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same!!! and now its time to put them away..and I think my "ordinary" clothes are so blah....:) Love kijiji. I actually paid 200 and sold 100 dollars worth to another lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting to see the "bump" in some of these new threads!!!Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you Janelle!! Ken always says that pregnant ladies are the most beautiful people, and that women have a certain glow about them when they are expecting. It is so exciting isn't it...waiting to see what this child will be like? Enjoy this time, and give hugs to all your growing family ok. xoxoxoxo Deedles

    ReplyDelete