navy lines background

Thursday, May 31, 2012

more pregnancy brain

i've always been a big water-drinker.  there aren't a lot of things i love more than a big tall glass of cold water.

my first few days in zambia, i felt like i just could not get enough to drink.  i would wake up with my tongue clinging to the roof of my mouth, absolutely parched.  for the first few weeks, i lived with the world's sweetest person, and although she didn't know about my raging thirst, she woke me every morning with a cup of water.  God bless her!

before i go upstairs at night, i always make sure i have a cup with me.  last night, i made a few trips up and down the stairs, realizing i hadn't locked the door once, and another time grabbing some lozenges for my throat.  before i turned out the light, i looked at my shelf and laughed.

each time i went downstairs, i must have taken a new glass.

there, awaiting my nighttime thirst: not one, not two, but three glasses.

and last night, probably for the first time since i got pregnant, i didn't even wake up once.  at least i was prepared ;).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice! I wouldn't have guessed that water played such a big role, but I love how you explained the water with your time in Zambia. When I visited Chicago, the weather was delightfully cold, but I was thirstier than I've ever been! It was shocking to want water all the time, but I guess that's the difference between living in a place with less humidity than what I'm used to (though I still dislike humid heat. It's gross, haha).

    ReplyDelete