Monday, June 20, 2011
1. zambia is the one place i want to be right now more than any other. (haha bet you couldn't see that one coming ;)
i miss the wide open sky. the rain. the earth. the adventures. sakeji. my adopted sisters :) the sweet kids.
2. our rooftop was one of my favourite places to go as a kid. after my sisters grew up & moved away, i loved going up there to read and think and write. the side that sloped toward the back had a nice cozy place to lie and dream, without being seen by the neighbours (well ... except the ones with periscopes). it was all wind and sky and tree-tops.
3. mr. mckay's classroom is one of the first places i think of when i remember high school. he was such a great teacher - always had time for us and inspired us and was proud of us. i want to be like him.
4. maitland is where we got married. i think it's one of the loveliest places in nova scotia - the sea, apple trees, and big smacking banks of red mud. mmm.
5. my kitchen - a place where i spend a lot of time. i love trying new flavours and old recipes. i love making food for cozy people, listening to audio books, cleaning, or just hanging out there.
6. halifax. i'm landing there tomorrow and i absolutely cannot wait. i can't believe i'm going to be able to introduce my son to my family, hug my nieces and nephew, and see my dear, long-lost friends.
ahhhhh. can someone please tell me how i'm supposed to sleep tonight?